Quality Assurance of a Software Solution is an integral part of our Development and Delivery Process. No methodology or programming languages will guarantee stable and functionally correct Software system without rigorous QA validation.
QA Process during the Software Development Flow
- Requirements Analysis - Business and functional requirements analysis and collaboration with a client
- Test Plan Procedure - Document which describes approaches and process for QA process in the project
- Test Cases Preparation - Documentation of Test Cases into Test Management Tool or Document
- Test Cases Automation - Automation of Test Cases for execution either ad hoc or via Continuous Integration
- Test Cases Integration - Integration into Project Management Tools for Reporting and Tracking
- Test Case Execution - Execution of Tests suite in the Development Flow
- Performance and Failover Tests Execution - Performance tests suite and failure recovery validation
- Soak Tests Execution - Long running tests for stability and reliability validation
QA Automation in Enterprise Projects
We are strong proponents of Automation of QA activities and Continuous Integration usage for driving QA validation steps.
Our QA Engineers are not manual testers. They possess development skills in Shell scripting, usually Python and sufficient Java knowledge to implement features which are required for QA validation:
- Simulation tools for simulating Edge systems
- Utility tools for simplifying and automating tedious, time consuming or complex tasks
- Integration tools for integrating different subcomponents or systems during tests execution. We typically integrate automatic tests reporting to Test Link and Spira Team suites
Benefits of Automated Testing
Test Automation Frameworks
In the QA Automation process, we rely extensively on Test Frameworks. We have accumulated extensive experience with the following Frameworks:
- CA ITKO Lisa Test Suite for functional and performance test in Enterprise Projects
- JMeter for performance tests
- Custom Proprietary Framework - we have developed an in-house functional and performance Test Suite framework for testing complex distributed systems consisting of Database, Distributed Grid, REST Services which requires data validation and correlation among inputs and outputs of different modules with different transport or data sources
Performance capability is usually one of the most important factors for a Software product facing high incoming traffic, and can be a key indicator for production readiness. We have incorporated automated performance testing and requirements thresholds validation for different flows and regression indicators in order to keep Performance KPIs under constant observation and attention. Performance testing is incorporated into Continuous Integration flow and is fully automated with a visual feedback.